Home Based Care
Home based care promotes good health and the prevention of ill health, while providing rehabilitative care.
It can also empower a community to take care of its health through education and training.
This service is useful if you are ill and require home care. It’s a collection of activities that can help you:
- maintain your health and well-being,
- prevent illnesses and disability,
- care for minor health problems and long term conditions, and
- recover from illnesses and hospitalisation.
Home based care services allow you to recover in familiar surroundings with loved ones.
Who can benefit from this service?
You can receive home based care if you:
- compromised functional status requiring supported self-care,
- treatment adherence and support needs, and
- end-of-life care needs.
Your needs will also be reviewed regularly.
If you need this service, your healthcare worker can help you adjust at home by considering personal factors such as your coping abilities, lifestyle issues, behaviour patterns and habits.
Receiving care after hospitalisation
If you’ve been hospitalised, you may need home care after being discharged.
Patients who live with HIV, TB, diabetes, hypertension, asthma and mental illnesses can also be assisted with their prescribed medication intake.